Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Today was a full day of cooking, avoiding the rush in the morning to get everything done for a noon meal.Trying a new dish, made in the slow cooker. Amongst all the usual, steamed rutabega that is mashed with butter and sugar and then put in the oven to bake for 1/2 hour, mashed spuds with top the tater sourcream added when mixing, cooked carrots/butter/ brussell sprouts roasted in olive oil and garlic cloves in the oven, homemade stuffing, I think that is it. We all like ham better than turkey so that is what we serve. In a few minutes, my husband and I are making prizzeli a crumb cookie that is rolled into a cone. Then tomorrow before serving,I squirt in the creamcheese mixture. SOOOO good! I think I just gained 10 lbs talking about it! Oh my!
Diet starts Friday, I send most the left overs home with the kids!!!
Wishing everyone well !

No comments:

Post a Comment