Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lake Superior

Today is another beautiful day, in the high 70's. The weatherman said this morning that we best enjoy it because the rest of the week looks like thunderstorms and rain with seasonable temps returning. Oh well, at least we had a weeks worth of summer like weather!!
This past labor Day weekend was a busy and fast one. We did take a ride up the North Shore of Lake Superior. We started in Ely Mn. and traveled up #1. It is a back road all the way through the woods, all tar no gravel, and very curvy and narrow. This is a trip I have enjoyed since I was a little girl when my Dad and Mom used to take us. I had my camera all ready but saw no wild life. In the past we have seen Wolves, and Moose and lots of deer. The route to the lake and up to Two Harbors was very busy, I think allot of people had the same idea. It can be so cold by the lake that normally we always go on a really nice warm day. We stopped at a neat little craft mall in Beaver Bay. I went into a small quilt shop. Really neat, and of course, couldn't come out empty handed. I bought some suede like cloth to make a pillow cover. I will take a picture when I am done. We walked a little on some trails by the lake, and went to the break wall in two harbors. No ships were docked at this time. My husband in the past has gone scuba diving here many times. We ate in Duluth Mn. finishing up our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment